Sitecore Commerce Base solution for Visual Studio 2017 has been released on GitHub for Sitecore Experience Commerce 9 Update 2. As I have been working on a few Commerce solutions, I realized that Sitecore Experience Commerce provides an out of the box Visual Studio 2017 solution in the SDK zip file.
I was able to look through the SDK solution, the training solution and the Habitat Commerce solution. I was able to generalize and combine the best parts from the three to come up with a base solution which we can use to start Commerce development.
I pushed it up to our GitHub and can be cloned/download using this link: https://github.com/konabos/SitecoreCommerceBase. If you would like to contribute please go ahead and do a pull request. Hope this helps you.
P.S.: you will see a warning on GitHub about a vulnerability on lodash library. Know that there is no Custom code or libraries attached to this solution. All dependencies have been pulled from either Commerce SDK, Training and/or Habitat Commerce solutions.
Here are the instructions:
This repository will server as the base solution you need to get started on the Sitecore Experience Commerce 9 Update 2.
This solution is meant to be used for both the Commerce Engine projects and the Commerce Website projects. Please customize your gulp.js to build appropriately.
Once you clone the repository, you would need to do the following:
- Change the name of the Solution
- Get the Thumbprint from wwwroot/CommerceAuthoring_Sc9/wwwroot/config.json and update it in your project Sitecore.Commerce.Engine/wwwroot/config.json
- OPTIONAL – Setup your local environment to start developing and debugging. Follow this video for help: https://www.konabos.com/blog/set-up-your-local-environment-for-debugging-sitecore-experience-commerce-xc-9-update-2-in-powerful-ways-while-being-a-friend/
- Modify gulp.config to point to the right paths and the urls
- Use the Task Runner Explorer and run the 01-Build-Commerce-Engine
- Use the Task Runner Explorer and run the 02-Publish-Commerce-Engine-To-Instances
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me. (@akshaysura13 on twitter or on Slack).